Who is this S.E. Brown person?
S.E. Brown is a back-roads-drivin, mac-n-cheese-lovin, ivory-keys-ticklin, flip-flop-wearin, Green-Bay-Packers-cheerin, mouse-freaked-out-fearin, peanut-butter-cookie-bakin, music-cranked-up-singin, writer of romance novels … with a bit of heat.
But beyond that …
My name is Susie Brown, and I’m a left-handed, dog-loving, Apple-touting girl that believes in true love. It’s out there, I swear! I was never really a big reader, that is, until I read S.C. Stephens’ Thoughtless series. Since then, my iPad has blown up with books and I’m constantly looking for time to read.
How did that get me into writing? Well, after reading a few things I had written, there were a couple people in my life who prodded me to write a book. Thinking they were nuts, I dismissed the thought. But then as I was driving, plots formed. Character names came to me. Weird twists and turns intrigued me. After having these thoughts bounce around my mind for months, I decided to put pen to paper.
The result? The Shore.
My first love wasn’t writing. I’ll be the first to admit it. In fact, in a former life I attended college for vocal education so I could be a high school choir director. Such is life, that isn’t quite what happened, and I recently graduated from college with a degree in web development. So you see, I’m creative and analytical. No wonder my brain gets fuzzy! But I’ve found writing to be incredibly gratifying (and frustrating at times!). So now I’m not only trying to find time to read, I’m also looking for time to write. That’s something I never thought I’d say.
Raised in Northwest Wisconsin, the land of beer and brats and cheese, I have lived in Metro Detroit for nearly 20 years, and have my own furry baby, Siany.
Other little tidbits
- I like Lawry Seasoned Salt on my mac ‘n cheese.
- The beach is my happy place.
- I say ruff instead of roof.
- I dislike shoes … and shopping.
- My piano knows all my secrets.
- I bleed gold and green. Go Packers!
- I love taking pictures as long as I’m not in them.
- I’m addicted to using “…” when I write.
- Road trips in convertibles beat flying any day.
- I name my cars – my current car? P-squared. My first car? The Brown Turd. I’m not kidding.
- Someday I will perfect the art of apple baked goods.
- Yes, I have gotten my car stuck on a beach!